Pages

Korean Travel Online - Getting Inked at Hongdae

I finally figured out what I wanted to get for my second tattoo. I went to Itaewon and looked at 3 tattoo places but wasn't really happy with any of them. I found a place called Sunrat Tattoo and its located in between Hongdae and Sinchon subway stations. I talked to the tattoo artist and got a quote and wanted to get it the next week. Went back the following week but they were closed. So we walked to Hongdae to this other tattoo place we saw last time. It's on the uphill path on the way to the university. The place is called Yellow Monkey. I told the artist what I wanted and he actually came up with the design of his own that I really liked. I got tattooed right away.

I'm not really into butterflies but I wanted something to symbolize thyroid cancer. Since the thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland, I decided why not a butterfly. Plus, the cancer ribbon is also incorporated in the design. The process took about an hour and a half and the tattoo cost 120,000 won. I was pretty happy with it, the people were really professional too. After getting inked, they gave me a packet that contained aftercare instructions on how take care of the tattoo, a brochure, a business card, a 10,000 discount voucher for my next visit, and a small amount of vaseline. Plus, the tattoo artist even gave me his own phone number and told me to contact him if I have questions/ concerns. The instructions said that I should buy an ointment called Bepanthen to apply on the tattoo. I looked it up online and a lot of people actually recommend it for tattoo care. Went to the pharmacy to buy it. It wasn't that expensive, only 6,500 won.

Overall, I was satisfied with Yellow Monkey, and I would definitely go back there for my third tattoo.

Yellow Monkey
Open 10:00 am to 10:00pm
358-115 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
Phone: 010-9425-0737

 

________________________________________________
Facebook: www.facebook.com/koreatourism
Twitter: www.twitter.com/koreantravel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/visitkorea
Official site: www.visitkorea.or.kr

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! You might need translation services when you visit other counties. I already friend this. It is affordable and you will learn too

    ReplyDelete